What we do
Our vision is to create excellent and equitable eye care systems in India that reach all those in need of ophthalmic care.
- To make all primary, secondary and tertiary centers of L V Prasad Eye Institute as centers of excellence in eye care services
- To support basic and clinical research into eye diseases and vision-threatening conditions
- To train researchers, clinicians, and paraprofessionals
- To engage in the development of ophthalmic products
- To provide rehabilitation for those with incurable visual disability
- To become a model for extending excellent, equitable and efficient eye care to underserved populations in the developing world
- Reach out to three million patients annually
- Open an additional state-of-the-art patient care facility in Hyderabad at a cost of $8.0 million
- Double the capacity of two existing tertiary centers in Bhubaneswar and Vishakapatnam
- Add 30,000 square feet of space to its Hyderabad research facility to accelerate its investigations in stem cell biology, molecular genetics and clinical research
- Complete the building of an audio-digital library and recording center to serve those with incurable visual deficits
We are confident that our donors will make this possible and to them we offer several naming opportunities.